RE: ballast resistor placement

To: <j.honor@comcast.net>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: ballast resistor placement
From: "Foster, Stan" <stan.foster@hp.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 21:53:52 -0400
The 74.5 has a ballast resistance wire built into the loom as standard.
It goes from the ignition switch to the side of the coil away from the
dizzy on the same terminal as the white/yellow wire from the starter
relay. My wiring diagram shows it as kw (pink with white stripe) but
mine seems to be brown with a very distinct herringbone pattern in the
wire. This arrangement seems to give the coil the full 12 volts for
startup and then drop it back to (6v ?) via the ballast wire once the
startup procedure is complete.

Or perhaps I am not quite understanding your question..

Stan