U-joints

To: "6pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: U-joints
From: "John & Allison Cyganowski" <janah@att.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 13:08:13 -0400
Changing out my u-joints.  They seem very dry.  Anyway, I am having trouble
with clearance.  The existing u-joints have raised sections on one side.
These are on the flat part in the center of the joint diagonally across from
each other.  Then pressing the caps out, the joint impacts the back of the
yoke and in come cases leaves a mark in the metal of the yoke.  Very often the
caps are still inbedded in the joint/yoke. Any advice?

John Cyg.