Re: Front Hub Felt Seal

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Front Hub Felt Seal
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 09:33:22 -0700
Dave---A light coating of wheel bearing grease
on the felt won't hurt anything. Some of the new seals are very thick.
If the old ones weren't allowing grease to ooze out, consider re-using
them.

Dick
From:
dbjohnso@us.ibm.com(David B Johnson)

 Hello all....In reinstalling my rebuilt front hubs I'm faced with a
question. Do the felt seals (oil seals?) require lubrication/saturation
of some sort and if so, what to use? Or, do they just benefit from the
existing grease on the axle and not require anything more?
Dave