RE: Anti-vibration plunger and plunger loading spring

To: "John VanNorman" <jvannorman@wowway.com>,
Subject: RE: Anti-vibration plunger and plunger loading spring
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 07:51:10 -0700
        John:

        There is nothing in particular that holds these parts in place
during installation and removal, which is why they always seem to be
missing.
        Use wheel bearing grease to get everything sticky, then put the
spring in, followed by the plunger. Carefully insert the shifter into
the  gearbox and install the retainer. If the spring and plunger pop out
during the install, start over.
        About the third try, remind yourself that this is one reason why
British Leyland went out of business.

        Cheers,

        Vance