Re: replace strombergs

To: <j.honor@comcast.net>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: replace strombergs
From: "Terry Geiger" <tgeiger@shoalsbritishcars.org>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 10:57:05 -0500
Properly sorted Strombergs do run well.  I've had TR6s with Weber DGV, the
factory Strombergs and HS6 SU.  My favorite is the SU, for smoothness and
simplicity.  My least favorite is the Weber DGV.  The DGV isn't a bad carb
but the intake manifolds that come with the TR6 installation are of a
restrictive design.

My 6 currently has SU HS6s with K&N filters and a late intake manifold.  I
have the Strombergs in a box just in case I become a purist but I really
can't see going back to the Strombergs.

Terry Geiger
Florence, Alabama USA
http://www.shoalsbritishcars.org
'74 Triumph TR6 * '63 Triumph Herald * '84 Mercedes 300D Turbo Diesel