VTR update

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "6 Pack list" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: VTR update
From: "oliver" <sumton@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2006 14:55:01 -0500
Hi, all.  one more update (and apology) on the vtr.

i've been heavily flamed for my comments about Joe Curry's spitfire at the
autocross, so i'll just apologize and get it over with.

we had a Dallas cold front come in, which means the weather was probably in
the upper 80's this morning as there was also cloud cover.  we gave out cases
of cold bottled water, and ran several coolers as well.  i don't have a car
count, but it was impressive, held at the equestrian center in Las Colinas.

of note probably is that we had all three Southern Crosses in the united
states, plus the Triumph Eight Dolomite.

The usual cross section of TR2, TR3, TR4, TR250, and the usual majority of
TR6s, TR7s, TR8s, plus GT6, Spitfire, Vitesse, and I'm sure I'm leaving
someone out.

Lots of comaraderie, conversations about the cars, and some extra people
showing up without cars!  Shouldn't really mention this, but a very nice 70
GTO convertible was also in the parking lot . . .

Thanks to all of you who came, and hope to meet the rest of you at 6Pack,
Regionals, or maybe Valley Forge next year.

pictures to follow soon, I hope.