dash light question

To: "'6-Pack List'" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: dash light question
From: "Andrew Packard" <apackard68@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 23:25:00 -0700
I got bored actually driving my car all the time, so I dove in and took
apart the dash.  While I have all the instruments out, I thought I would
replace the bulbs.  I bought some #14 bulbs from RadioShack, 2.47 volts,
0.3A.  I tested the new bulbs vs the old ones and the new ones are about 10
times brighter.  On all the bulbs I removed, it is stamped "OSRAM12V2.2W
ENG".  On the RadioShack bulbs, it is stamped "14 2.47V 0.3A".  I tested the
bulbs with a 12V cordless drill battery.  I like the brightness, but I'm
afraid of the heat.  I obviously have higher wattage bulbs than I should.
Can anyone tell me which RS bulbs to buy?  I know it's been stated once
before as this topic surfaces every six months or so.

Andy

CD6746L TO