Re: dash light question

To: apackard68@comcast.net (Andrew Packard)
Subject: Re: dash light question
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 12:14:27 -0700
 Andrew---To go with Bill's reply, if premature bulb burnout could be a
potential nuisance, you could try a couple of these new brighter bulbs
in a gauge easier to access, such as the speedo.
Go from there...?

Dick

From:
apackard68@comcast.net(Andrew Packard)

I got bored actually driving my car all the time, so I dove in and took
apart the dash. While I have all the instruments out, I thought I would
replace the bulbs. I bought some #14 bulbs from RadioShack, 2.47 volts,
0.3A. I tested the new bulbs vs the old ones and the new ones are about
10 times brighter. On all the bulbs I removed, it is stamped
"OSRAM12V2.2W ENG". On the RadioShack bulbs, it is stamped "14 2.47V
0.3A". I tested the bulbs with a 12V cordless drill battery. I like the
brightness, but I'm afraid of the heat. I obviously have higher wattage
bulbs than I should. Can anyone tell me which RS bulbs to buy? I know
it's been stated once before as this topic surfaces every six months or
so.
Andy
CD6746L TO