Re: Reverse clunk

To: "Eureka Saws Co, Inc." <ambritts@ptdprolog.net>
Subject: Re: Reverse clunk
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 11:23:34 -0400 (EDT)
On Wed, 26 Jul 2006, Eureka Saws Co, Inc. wrote:

> Hi Alan,
> Aside from all the normal things to look at that I am sure will be listed
> you might also try checking the nyloc nuts that lock down the rear shocks.
> These very often manage to loosen up and the shock will make a real racket
> every time you shift, start off, hit a small bump, etc. If you tighten them
> down the noise will go away but they could loosen up again. Use new nyloc
> nuts and use the old ones on the mower. Let's us know what it turns out to
> be.

Good point, Alex.

If your shock bolts keep loosening (is that a proper word?), you can
sometime cure the problem with some hi-strength loctite (aka red) and
proper tightening. If that doesn't work, you need to "fix" the threads
with an insert or other method.

> Alex Manzo
> 72 TR6
> 59 TR3A

regards,
rml
Voice:617-253-7438    FAX: 617-258-9535        |  Cell: xxx-xxx-xxxx