Re: No 1 Cylinder Problems

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: No 1 Cylinder Problems
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2006 12:57:14 -0700
Eric---It's odd that all cylinders read so close with the issue you have
with #1. Still, I'd confine the search to this cylinder. It could be
it's not firing as steadily as the others, and shows up with more soot.

You can also run a hotter plug in this hole while you continue to look.

Check the valve lash on #1 compared to the others.

Do a leak-down test, to see if anything shows up.

Dick

From:
ehenningsen@triad.rr.com(Eric Henningsen)

Having difficulties with poor combustion on the no. 1 cylinder on a 76
TR6. Have replaced plug wires, cap, rotor, reinstalled points (was
running petronix unit), and still the no 1 plug runs sooty black. Other
five plugs are running a nice light tan color, so I believe the carbs
are adjusted ok. Compression on all cylinders is between 128-130. This
car is basically a stock setup, although the air pump has been removed.
Anyone have thoughts on next steps to correct??
Thanks,
Eric
Kernersville, NC
76 TR6 BRG