RE: No 1 Cylinder Problems

To: "Eric Henningsen" <ehenningsen@triad.rr.com>
Subject: RE: No 1 Cylinder Problems
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 07:40:04 -0700
        Eric:

        With the valve cover off, watch the travel of the intake vs. the
exhaust valve as you have someone crank the starter (or just watch it
with the engine running). Make sure both valves are going through their
full travel. It is possible for one of the lobes on the cam to go flat
and still have good compression and leak down results.
        I had similar problems with my number 2 cylinder until I
overhauled the engine and discovered that the exhaust lobe on number 2
was all but gone.

        Vance