RE: rear brake cylinder TR6

To: "Alan Salvatore" <6parts@charter.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>,
Subject: RE: rear brake cylinder TR6
From: "Shawn J. Loseke" <sloseke@holly.colostate.edu>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 12:10:26 -0600
>===== Original Message From "Alan Salvatore" <6parts@charter.net> =====
>I finally got the clips loose the hold the rear cylinder.  I undid the brake
>line to it; but it doesn't want to come out.
>I am not sure how much force to put on it.  I don't want to screw up the
brake
>line.  I am sure there is some kind of flange on the end of the brake line.
>
>Do I just yank it away?
>
>Al Salvatore

Al, the bubble flare has probably been squished an extra amount from someone
overtightening it at some point and is now interfering with the removal of the
line. Keep yanking. Worst case is that you will need to replace that section
of brake line as well.

Shawn J. Loseke
Fort Collins, CO
http://www.triumphowners.com/79   (1972 TR6)