Re: rear brake cylinder TR6

To: 6parts@charter.net, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: rear brake cylinder TR6
From: MTRsix71@aol.com
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 19:07:16 EDT
Al,
Once you get the rear brake tube out of the rear cylinder due to it being
mushroomed on the end due to over-tightening it in the past, you can take a
small file or dremel stone and hone off the very edge of the mushroomed lip to
the same diameter as the fitting snout. Make sure you keep it round! This will
prevent it from getting stuck again, or at least until someone else tightens
up  too much again.  I was able to do this on two tube ends that were
difficult  to remove.

DO NOT hone the very end of the tube (only the very outer edges) as this  has
been seated in the cylinder and the crush to seal has been established. I
have not had any leaks from the two brake tubes/fittings I did this to  already.

Take care,
MRankin