Re: Rear brake cylinder TR6

To: <6parts@charter.net>
Subject: Re: Rear brake cylinder TR6
From: "John & Allison Cyganowski" <janah@att.net>
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2006 09:17:33 -0400
Hi Al,

Rather than trying to restore/machine your tubing nuts, you may want to
consider replacing the line.  The flares and tubing nuts have a limited
lifetime and if yours is binding in the brake cylinder, I think you have
reached it. Additionally, brakes are a mission critical system. It is risky
to cut corners here.

I think you can buy this tubing pre-bent and fitted with the correct flares
and tubing nuts from Moss etc.  If you really want to jump in, you can buy
bundy tubing at the local NAPA bend your own.  You will need a tubing
cutter, a double flareing kit. and a tubing bender. These can be had for
~$45 tops.

I know replacing the tubing is a bit more of a pain, but you will know that
the the thing is new and not somehow compomised and that you will have
maxium strength in a place where you need it most.

Regards,
John  Cyg.