Re: Yet another clutch thread

To: mailkendall@sbcglobal.net, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Yet another clutch thread
From: acekraut11@aol.com
Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2006 07:51:05 -0400
  Kendall,

 In a similar situation I found my slave cylinder to be retaining some air
bubbles. Pumping might make it work temporarily but it would return to poor
operation shortly afterwards. I wired the plunger in place, removed the slave
cylinder from the gearbox and carefully lowered it until it was pointing
straight down and the plastic hose was straight up and down. Wouldnt you know
that a bunch of air bubbles ran up the line and presto, no more problem with
the clutch, and none since. I am not sure why it worked that way, but it did.

 Aaron
    Aaron Cropley
 71 TR6 (Throttle Body Injection!)
 http://www.triumphowners.com/108