Re: Security system ?

To: "Foster, Stan" <stan.foster@hp.com>
Subject: Re: Security system ?
From: "Marty Clark" <marty.tr6@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2006 17:23:22 -0700
Stan,
This is not what you asked for, but it is better than nothing and definitely
low-tech. I bought on eBay one on the $5 electrical cut offs that attaches
to the battery post. One piece unscrews for you to take with and it breaks
the battery connection when removed. It only takes 10 seconds when I park to
pop the hood and remove and the same to put back in to start the car. This
doesn't prevent someone with wrenches from removing it and putting the
battery cable back to the original position but would make them stand out
that something was going on. Also doesn't help if they tow it away.

I drive my car to work 3 - 4 days a week and with covered parking never put
the top up. There have been items stolen out of cars and one car itself
stolen so it's not in a crime free parking lot. So far so good for me. My
buddy who drives a 1968 Datson model 2000 rode with me to work and has since
ordered one for himself.

Marty Clark
Gilbert, AZ
1974 TR6 CF17352U