RE: Rotor Failure

To: "John Mitchell" <jmitch@snet.net>,
Subject: RE: Rotor Failure
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2006 07:53:07 -0700
        John:

        I had a very similar experience, except I was not 50 miles away
from home when it died. Look at the bright side, you had an occasion to
remember why you fell in love with the little woman. =:-)

        In my case, I assumed that I had not fully seated the rotor when
I installed it, or that I had gotten the cap canted when I put it back
on. Any chance something like occurred?
        Anyway, I have been using Intermotor with good success, but I
can't say that my experience is broad enough to rule out any brand as
"inferior". And you may indeed be correct, they are probably all being
made in the same factory.
        Isn't Lucas now owned by TRW?

        Sorry the trip ended unexpectedly,

        Vance