What should the new Triumph look like?

To: "Triumph Email List" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>,
Subject: What should the new Triumph look like?
From: "R. Ashford Little II" <70TR6@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 16:03:01 -0400
OK, I know the introduction of a new Triumph may be just a rumor, but the
featured marque at this year's Euro Auto Festival
<http://www.euroautofestival.com/>  in Spartanburg, SC is Triumph.  In the
past BMW has used this occasion to introduce new vehicles when they featured
that marque i.e. MINI & the new Frigidaire  Rolls-Royce.  The current rumor
has the car being based on the MINI, but rwd.  A new Triumph would have to
be rwd to be a Triumph, but I'm suspect of the changes that would have to be
made to the platform to transform it into a rwd car.  Then again I'm not a
mechanical engineer nor do I play one on TV.

I'd like to see it based on the Z4, but look like a Triumph. in other words
attractive.  Some reports have the car being modeled after the TR4.  If it
is MINI-based then it will have a 4-cylinder engine for sure, but I'd like
to see either a TR3 looking car - no offense to you TR4 owners as I like
them very much - or a TR6 styled car with a 2.5l inline six.  Of course if
they stuck the 3 liter motor in it then I would not be upset either.  Hmm,
2.5 liters and 175 - 200 hp.  Works for me!

If BMW called you and asked what you wanted the car to look like, what say
you?

R. Ashford Little II

'70 TR6, 73.5 911 <http://www.ralittle2.com/>

P.S. the plants are working full steam to produce enough MINI's for world
consumption, but the Spartanburg plant has production capacity since the
Z4's aren't exactly flying off the shelves, so I take that as a good sign
for my vote.