Installing overdrive switch

To: Triumph 6 Pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Installing overdrive switch
From: Jay Snable <jsnable@mac.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2006 19:07:19 -0700
I had a couple questions about the overdrive column-mounted switch.
It looks like some disassembly will be worthwhile! How much is a
question... I assume the wires from the switch should enter the
steering column housing in the space around the turn signal switch -
is this correct and is squeezing them through the space behind the
switch (towards the dash) the way to go? All wires would then exit
the existing hole (with difficulty it looks like...) under the column
and proceed into the dash.

One other question on where to pick up the green wire (this is for a
'73). Is the wire set that the reverse lamp wires plug into the
correct one? The diagram seems to imply this to be the case.

Thanks,

Jay
'73 TR6