Timing chain tensioner

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Timing chain tensioner
From: Dave Murray <murr32@shaw.ca>
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2006 16:08:55 -0600
Listers,

I have ~10 degrees of rotation of the crank before the rotor begins to move,
clearly excessive, especially on a freshly rebuilt motor with new timing
gears, chain, tensioner, etc.   The car runs strongly but tends to surge at
idle and when cruising easily explained by the 10 or so degrees of timing
change visible at idle using a timing light.

Two questions:

1)       Is it possible the tensioner was not installed when the engine was
reassembled?  I was out of town when the engine was reassembled and have
only the word of the gentleman who does not wish to pull the engine apart.

2)       Is there an adjustable tensioner or uprated tensioner available for
the TR6 assuming the tensioner is installed correctly?

Dave

Phone: 403-279-1979

Cell: 403-608-6354

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

This electronic message and its accompanying attachments (if any) may
contain information that is confidential or otherwise legally privileged.
Such information is intended solely for the individual or entity to whom it
is addressed.  If you are not the intended recipient of this message, be
aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of this message or
its accompanying attachments (if any) is prohibited.  If you have received
this message in error, please immediately notify the sender at 403-608-6354
and delete or destroy the original and any copy of this message.