RE: Exhaust Manifold Air Rail

To: jmitch@snet.net, 6pack@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Exhaust Manifold Air Rail
From: "James_ TR6" <jattr6@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2006 21:11:22 +0000
hi john!

Well, my idea may not be what you are looking for, but you can
make 'new' tubes and weld to the original pipe. basically what i did
was bought a bunch of brake lines with the correct threads and
bent each one exactly the same degree (using a tube bender) and
then had the ends welded to the original tube (after cutting all the old,
rusty ones off.) saves a lot of money - if the tubes are even available.
seems like the best option.
besides, once you paint the manifold and tubes (black?) you can't tell a
patch
job was done.

hope this helps!

-james

p.s. i finally figured out what my electronic issue was with the warning
lights.
if you remember our conversations...well, the wiring was hooked up wrong at
the starter!
it was ALWAYS on - as the relay lead was wired with the battery lead at the
starter!
i only looked there because i noticed my relay was hot to the touch!

>From: John Mitchell <jmitch@snet.net>
>
>    I was removing the air pump air rail from my exhaust manifold to send
>it to be re-plated.  When the brass plugs finally came loose, a couple left
>their threads in the manifold.  It doesn't look like they can be replaced.
>Has anyone seen the replacement rails sold by TRF or Moss.  I was wondering
>what they look like before putting out all that money and ending up with
>something that doesn't look original.  TRF has a SS unit, which Id then
>have to have Yellow zinc plated.  Anyone have a good used unit they've
>removed with their emissions equipment.  Thanks for any help.    John
>Mitchell  76 TR6

Got something to buy, sell or swap? Try Windows Live Expo
ttp://clk.atdmt.com/MSN/go/msnnkwex0010000001msn/direct/01/?href=http://expo.live.com/