chapter 10-ignition rotors continued

To: "sixpack list" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: chapter 10-ignition rotors continued
From: "Eureka Saws Co, Inc." <ambritts@ptdprolog.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2006 20:11:57 -0400
Hello list,
Quick story on the ongoing ignition rotors. Spent the weekend at the Watkins
Glen Vintage racing weekend. On the way to the track I rounded a corner going
uphill (steep) and my TR6 just died. Quick attempt to restart resulted in only
a strong cranking engine with no start. Rolled down the hill backwards 1500
yards through an intersection and into a parking lot. The expression on the
little lady's face left a lot to be desired. Popped the bonnet, checked the
fuel filter for gas. Check. Popped the distributor cap, low and behold the
brass arm came apart and was laying on the points. A big chunk of the plastic
rotor was missing as was the rivet holding it. Could this be the problem?????
Or was it the double checking I made before leaving to ensure I had a spare
rotor. :o) Put the old rotor on and vroom. Off and running. This has happened
to me three times at the Glen in 4 years. Must be the Glen. That NY air on
Triumphs. This rotor was a year of triumph driving old. (3000 miles)
Alex Manzo