Re: chapter 10-ignition rotors continued

To: ambritts@ptdprolog.net
Subject: Re: chapter 10-ignition rotors continued
From: DaCRANEz@aol.com
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 14:36:04 EDT
Alex
I had a similar rotor problem. I replaced a rotor that was not very old after
noticing that the rivet holding the contact was backing out. I assume that it
was a defective rotor. It would in all probability have  come loose and come
in contact with the cap causing some breakage.  I have had the dizzy rebuilt
and there was no shaft wobble. Sometime later I had the engine stall. Cranked
great but would not fire. installed an old rotor and it started right up. I
could find no apparent flaws with the rotor that came out. Others in our TR
club
have had problems with rotors as well. Now when we are on a tour and a car
quits the first thing we check is the rotor. I have religiously used only Lucas
caps and rotors but the trust level has suffered.
Mike Crane '71 TR6