Urethane bushing elongation... Huh?

To: "Hugh Barber" <tr6nut@verizon.net>
Subject: Urethane bushing elongation... Huh?
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 16:47:07 -0700
        Hugh:

        I have been following this thread, and I must say I do not
understand. Doh!
        What exactly is getting "elongated"? Is the center bore of the
bushing moving so that the bolt hole is no longer centered? Or is the
bushing somehow getting extruded out of the trailing arm, or both, or
neither? Does someone have a picture posted somewhere?

        Clueless as always,

        Vance