Re: Minilite style wheels

To: Martin Romagni <mrdr3600@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: Minilite style wheels
From: "Philip E. Barnes" <peb3@cornell.edu>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 15:16:17 -0400
>I'm interested in hearing from those of you who have these wheels,
>especially if you're running the same size tires as I am planning to.

Marty,
I have used the KN wheels (made in the UK) on my car for 10+ years.
They are 15x6, I think. I have used 205/70-15 forever.

I have two cautions about these wheels. The first: the chrome plating
on the wheels nuts I got was junk. Most of the plating was gone in
the first couple years, it simply chipped and flaked off. The second
caution is an interference between the wheel and the upper control
arm at full steering lock. You'll have to take a grinder and relieve
the arm a bit on the forward edge so the wheel lip won't rub. Other
people have experienced this interference, so it's not some vagary of
my car. Other than those two minor problems, the wheels are very
nicely finished and I'd recommend them. I bought mine when Vic Brit
had them on sale for $400 or so.
--
Phil Barnes (peb3@cornell.edu)
'71 TR6  CC61193L (29 year owner)