radiator overflow

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: radiator overflow
From: samuelsma@aol.com
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 09:28:57 -0400
 Listers:

The recent thread on radiator overflow tubes reminds me of a problem with the
radiator overflow bottle cap.  It tends to pop off when I drive the car.  As it
has a second tube dipping down into the bottle, the cap doesn't actually fall
off, but it is no longer in place at the top of the bottle.

I could easily glue it on the bottle, but then it would be much harder to add
any coolant to the bottle (I could still add to the radiator if needed, and I
don't actually lose coolant in any noticeable way).  I tried wrapping the rim
of the bottle with tape, but it didn't help.  Probably, the tube going to the
radiator is just a little too short, and it tugs the cap off.  Any ideas?

Thanks.

Michael
'76 Tahiti Blue
CF 57044U