Re: Front Suspension

To: 6-Pack List <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Front Suspension
From: Robert Breazeale <RobertBreazeale@msn.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 20:56:12 -0700
Vance,

Yes I have moved the car.  Not far, but a few hundred feet, driven up
and back the street.  The wheel bearings are new, and I followed the
common guidelines of tightening nut slowly until the hub begins to
resist turning, then back nut off by 1 flat.   Nonetheless, I'll double
check for play in the wheel as you suggest.

As far as the alignment, I highly suspect that the toe does need to be
aligned, but it makes sense to me to wait until I have both sides
rebuilt before I look at the toe-in.

Thank you, I'll keep all of this in mind as I complete the drivers side.

Cheers, - Robert -