2006 British Invasion Impressions & Pics

To: 6pack@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: 2006 British Invasion Impressions & Pics
From: acekraut11@aol.com
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 15:01:57 -0700
  Hi Everyone,

 It was nice to meet some members of the list at the recent Invasion. It was a
busy day with many choices to make on how to spend your day. Once again I didnt
make it around to every car on the field. Others have posted some pictures and
I have added some that I have taken. You will find the images on the
triumphowners.com site at triumphowners.com/108. I have posted images from the
show under 2006 British Invasion and also some pictures of the TR5 in
attendance under the heading "TR5". If you want a chuckle, make sure you check
out he last image in the 2006 BI folder.

 Unfortunately, there never seems to be enough time to see all that the show
has to offer. In hindsight, I should have looked at the name plate for each TR6
in an effort to try to recognize names, as well as looking at the other Triumph
owners in a search for some familiar names and cars. Maybe at the next years
event a meeting place and/or time can be set up for the specific purpose of
bringing together many of the list members. If there were members there whom I
did not meet please email me a picture of your car at the show and I will post
it on the triumphowners site with your name so others can at least put a car
with a name.

 I still plan to post some pics and information about the new windblocker that
I fabricated and when that is complete I will post another note for those who
are interested.

 I believe one of the best parts of the show was actually the driving there and
back. Our route from Maine took us on all back roads through the mountains of
Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont. The weather was great and we passed many
small towns, received more than our fair share of curious glances and we
followed the curving path of many different rivers and streams. There werent
many straight roads, perfect Triumph driving!

 Incidentally, I took a 2 minute video of our run through Smuggler's notch, a
treat in any vehicle as I am sure anyone who has done it will testify.
Unfortunately I cant post it on the triumphowners.com site. It is in a windows
media file format so if anyone knows of a way to post it on the web I would be
happy to share. As the video was beginning we passed a bicycle right before the
crest of the notch. That same bicycle passed us at about 40mph after all the
hairpin turns. It was a bit of a shock to see him blow by the car.

 Cheers, and thanks to all those who took the time to introduce themselves and
chat.

 Aaron
    Aaron Cropley
 71 TR6 (Throttle Body Injection!)