Re: Clutch problem

To: John North <johncnorth@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Clutch problem
From: James Franks <jimmble@adelphia.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 08:10:21 -0400
John,

The only other times I've seen anything resembling this symptom are:

1.) When I reused a flywheel without first resurfacing it. The flywheel
looked fine, but had enough wear in it that after the disk wore to the
pattern in the flywheel, the clutch grabbed just enough when warmed that
it wouldn't disengage in neutral with the engine running.

2.) I got a defective pressure plate that was weak enough in a couple
springs that I didn't always get full disengagement. The ears would
compress, but the pressure wasn't being adequately relieved from the disk
 Since the tranny is  out, check the runout and condition of the
pressure plate and flywheel, and if it checks out, be sure the PP is
torqued properly.. New parts don't always mean good parts! Sounds like
you are going to have to dig a little for your problem, unfortunately.
Don't get discouraged, there is an answer.

Jim Franks