Still no charge

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Still no charge
From: "Chris Lummis" <chris.lummis@sympatico.ca>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 10:34:33 -0400
Hi guys,

after installing a new alternator and confirming that it can  producing a
charge I thought I would try something.  I disconnected the brn lead at the
battery connection .  This is the same brn lead coming from the alternator.
The car would not even turn over, no click , nothing at all.  If I put the brn
lead back on the connector near the battery , it starts and all is fine EXCEPT
for there is still no charge.

Question :  by disconecting the alternator lead WHY would the car not even
turn over ?  Is there a break somewhere I can't see ?

Frustrated ...Cheers

Chris