Re: Gearbox Top Cover O-rings

To: mailkendall@sbcglobal.net, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Gearbox Top Cover O-rings
From: acekraut11@aol.com
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 19:15:34 -0400
 Kendall,

 I cant recall how much room there is to get to all the bolts that hold the top
cover on while the gearbox is still in the car. So, IF you can get the top
cover off you can replace the O rings by taking the top cover right out of the
car and working on it on the workbench, or kitchen table. I am using a product
called the Right Stuff to seal everything in my OD conversion. A couple years
ago I had a healthy leak where the tail of the gearbox mounted to the gearbox.
I loosened the bolts, slid it back a quarter inch or so, put the Right Stuff in
and closed it up. No more leak and it stayed put until I took it apart. I
bought mine at NAPA and it isnt cheap but it sure worked well.

 Aaron
    Aaron Cropley
 71 TR6 (Throttle Body Injection!)
 http://www.triumphowners.com/108