Re: So is it a Gunst?

To: jvannorman@wowway.com (John VanNorman)
Subject: Re: So is it a Gunst?
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 22:25:24 -0700
John---One of these bearings came my way about two years ago. It looked
like a Gunst in many respects, but didn't perform like the Gunst I had
in a bench test. (Made a clicking sound when under pressure) I have no
idea where the bearing in question came from, but if it says
"Gunst-like" it isn't a Gunst. (It could still be better than some
others I've come across)

Dick

From:
jvannorman@wowway.com(John VanNorman)

I was looking at British Parts Northwest's website and noticed that the
Sach clutch kit with the Gunst throwout bearing says this:
"This is a four piece SACH clutch kit with a Heavy Duty German (GUNST
Style) release bearing."
So am I correct in assuming that the throwout bearing BPNW offers is not
a real Gunst?
John V.
1974 1/2 TR6