Re: Roll bar...

To: "Joseph Grant" <z28quetzal@mindspring.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Roll bar...
From: emanteno@comcast.net
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2006 21:10:26 +0000
From: "Joseph Grant" <z28quetzal@mindspring.com>

> Hi
> For those of you that have installed a roll bar in their TR6, where did you
> get it from? Is there a preferred vendor for roll bars. I am considering
> installing one, and would like some ideas as to where to find one.

If you are doing it to make you car safer, don't bother. Street roll bars mount
into the sheet metal, not the frame, and will rip out if you go upside down,
even if you use backing plates.
Autopower used to make a street bar for the TR6. It even tapered inward to
clear the inertia belt reels. However, if you choose to install Miata seats,
the bar will prevent them from reclining.

Irv Korey
74 TR6 CF22767U
Highland Park, IL