RE: Fuel Pump & Maintenance Costs

To: 6pack <6pack@autox.team.net>, Bruce Simms <brucesimms2003@yahoo.ca>
Subject: RE: Fuel Pump & Maintenance Costs
From: "Shawn J. Loseke" <sloseke@holly.colostate.edu>
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2006 14:17:17 -0700
On the Bronco II that I used to have, it had two fuel pumps. One was inside
the tank, the other was along the frame rail. Parts and labor for either pump
was about $300. The pump on the frame rail was about $250 for the pump while
the one in the tank was less than $50. The difference was all labor.

Maintenance costs for new vehicles though will only contiue to increase, right
along with the complexity.

Shawn