Coolant change

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Coolant change
From: SamuelsMA@aol.com
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2006 08:03:02 EST
Listers:

I plan to change the coolant on the 6 this weekend.  I have the Haynes
manual and the procedure looks straightforward.  Two questions:

1.    Is there any special measure I should take when  re-filling to make
sure I don't get air in the system?  Is this a big  problem?

2.    The manual mentions using anti-freeze with a  "glycerine or ethylene
base."  I think that typical anti-freeze (Prestone  or the like) uses a
polyethylene glycol base.  Is this OK?  I do plan  to use distilled water,
rather than
"rain water" mentioned in the manual.

Thanks, and happy holidays to all.

Michael