Re: [6pack] Recommended upgrades for headlight circuit?

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [6pack] Recommended upgrades for headlight circuit?
From: "Terry Geiger" <tgeiger@shoalsbritishcars.org>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 08:28:10 -0500
The big problem with a TR6 headlight circuit is that it is unfused.  If
anything goes wrong, something is going to burn.  I'd recommend adding an
automatic reset 25 or 30 amp circuit breaker to the circuit that is feeding
the light switch.  Also, relays are a good idea because the factory light
switch isn't very robust, even under stock lighting loads.

Here is a web page on this particular subject, with wiring diagrams
included:
http://www.shoalsbritishcars.org/technical/tr6headlights.htm

Terry Geiger
'74 Triumph TR6 | '63 Triumph Herald | '70 MGBGT | '84 Mercedes 300D Diesel
http://www.shoalsbritishcars.org/