RE: [6pack] Exhaust installation

To: Victor Colon <vcolper@yahoo.com>, "6pack@autox.team.net"
Subject: RE: [6pack] Exhaust installation
From: "Foster, Stan" <stan.foster@hp.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2007 02:33:36 +0000
Victor, not sure what you are calling the front mount but I think from 73 on
there is no additional attachment between the down pipes at the front and the
bracket at the rear just ahead of the silencer where it attached to one of the
diff cross members. The earlier cars had an additional attachment near the
gearbox but that was apparently causing fractures or was deemed to be
superfluous. The trick to fitting this thing is to get it all hooked up with
the clamps loose and then twist the pipes/silencer until the silencer is level
at the rear and the tubing is parallel and not hitting the frame. If that
sounds too hard just put it all together and then drive it to your nearest
muffler shop and they will sort it out in a few minutes.

Stan