[6pack] ABRR Update: Stags, earth issues, and whales

To: <StagByTriumph@tscusa.org>, "'TR List'" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>,
Subject: [6pack] ABRR Update: Stags, earth issues, and whales
From: "Blake J. Discher" <bdischer@blakedischer.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2007 13:17:40 -0400
As I was typing that note, I knew I was going to hear from my fellow Stag
Club USA members about how I should have taken the Stag!  Yes Glenn, both
Stags on the run have performed flawlessly.

Jack McGahey emailed to ask if I had done a tube shock conversion on my TR6,
which I did do several years ago, and about which he wrote an article for
his local club's newsletter.  After reading a copy of his article that he
emailed, I suspect that conversion is what caused the failure of the welds
where the crossmember meets the frame.

The weather has been perfect for fall, top-down driving.  In fact, in the
80's, so a bit too hot mid day, some tops went back up from about 2-5pm.  We
did have a parking lot repair last night.  One of the Spits lost its'
headlights when driving back from The Thirsty Whale, a watering spot here in
Minocqua, WI.  It turned out to be an "earth" issue, as British-speaking
Chris Holbrook (Team Flamante Novio) put it.  That's "ground" for us Yanks.

The 86 Jag XJ6 is having a new pump installed today, thanks to a very kind
Jag mechanic who is opening his shop today in Milwaukee.  We're expecting to
see him at the "It's OK to Touch Our Cars" show for the blind children at
the charity on our return to civilization (Milwaukee) later this afternoon.

Everyone is having a good time.  Thanks for all the well wishes and all the
donations to the kids made on the web site, www.abrr.org!

Blake