RE: [6pack] Missing under a load

To: <jrurhh@aol.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [6pack] Missing under a load
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2007 11:02:29 -0700
        Jim:

        I agree with others that the plug wires are suspect for missing
under load. If however, the miss is independent of load (that it,
throttle setting) and instead seems to occur at all throttle settings
above a certain RPM (light, moderate, or heavy throttle) then I would
suspect the coil or perhaps dwell setting.
        At this point I am assuming that you are running a stock coil,
and not a "Mega-Jolt Artificial Lightning" generator of some sort. The
stock coil is now 35+ years old, and they do fail with time and heat.
        So, to summarize:

        1. Plug Wires
        2. Dwell angle
        3. Coil