Re: [6pack] Re: [TR] tr6 rear brakes

To: drsandner@earthlink.net (j randolph sandner), 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [6pack] Re: [TR] tr6 rear brakes
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 10:50:44 -0700
Not Jack. Dick here.

I found it easier on my nerves to remove the hubs when installing new
brake shoes. Trying to keep the return springs in place with the hubs in
place is beyond my patience level.

Dick

drsandner@earthlink.net(j randolph sandner)

hi jack,
would appreciate some more of your excellent tutelage: to wit;
have replace the rear shoes a number of years ago, and ISTR just
stretching the brake/spring assembly over the hub.
2 beer job.
did the RR yesterday, and the brake /spring just stretched over. now
doing the LR CANNOT get it past the tension adjustor. so i took it off,
now the lower spring will not stay on. PLEASE

HELP, randy