RE: [6pack] Polys - old or not?

To: "Marty Clark" <marty.tr6@gmail.com>, <richard.r.olson@faa.gov>,
Subject: RE: [6pack] Polys - old or not?
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 14:06:41 -0700
        Marty, et al:

        I thought that was one of the advantages of Polyurethane - they
do not rot or deteriorate the way rubber does - so they basically end up
being a lifetime bushing. Did I have that wrong?
        I recall the problem with rubber bushings is their
susceptibility to oil/gas/tar and they deteriorate in the presence of
ozone - which is always present in the air. Urethane was supposed to be
vastly more resistant to ozone, and for that matter oil - hence the
claim of them lasting longer than the car itself.

        Vance