[6pack] Cleaning Aluminum

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "'6-Pack List Serve'"
Subject: [6pack] Cleaning Aluminum
From: "Bob Danielson" <75TR6@tr6.danielsonfamily.org>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 22:29:58 -0400
Ok... We've talked about grinding aluminum but how about cleaning it? I've
got a Toyota 5 speed transmission (W58) sitting in the garage that I plan on
putting in my TR6 using Herman's conversion kit. But what's the best way to
clean the aluminum case AND the area under the gear shift housing? Is it bad
to use a high pressure power washer in the box under that gear shift
housing? That's the are where the gear shift does its thing shifting through
the gears. There's a few shafts and some worm type gears under there.

Then there's the case housing itself........cover it with grease/parts
cleaner and blast away with the power washer?

Any suggestions or experience welcome.

Bob Danielson
1975 TR6 CF38503U
Running w/ Throttle Body Injection