[6pack] I can't seem to win!

To: 6-Pack List Serve <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: [6pack] I can't seem to win!
From: Rick Norris <rnorris1@swbell.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 11:04:45 -0500
After rebuilding my Z-S's and installing them, coincidentally dealing
with the recalcitrant choke cable, I noticed gas seeping from around the
cold start valve of the front carb. I decided to remove the valve with
the carbs still installed to make certain I had re-installed the disc
properly and the outboard screw dropped, straight down as I observed,
and the little $%*(@^!!* disappeared!! I have been all over the engine
compartment with a magnet, groped around above the front cross member,
removed the right front wheel and searched around the suspension
components and cannot find the bloody thing! By this time, it is
probably terrified what will happen to it when and if I do find it. I
rolled the car back and searched under it. I rolled the car forward,
raised it, and searched the tread of both front tires in case I might
have run over it when I moved the car...nothing!

Two questions: does anyone know of a little known "hidey hole" in the
proximity of the front carb where a falling screw might find refuge? How
difficult is it to find a suitable replacement screw? I am sure the
original will emerge as soon as a replacement is on the scene but in the
meantime...

Rick Norris