Re: [6pack] carb leak

To: Steve Kirsis <sakirsis@consolidated.net>
Subject: Re: [6pack] carb leak
From: Robert Lang <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 12:34:05 -0400 (EDT)
On Wed, 24 Oct 2007, Steve Kirsis wrote:

> Randy, there is, for lack of a better term, a "plug" at the bottom of the
> bowl. You can see it with a mirror. The "O" ring around this plug is probably
> the culprit. Maybe some -one will tell us why the "plug" is there. Steve

The "plug" is there because earlier versions of the carb had an
adjustable jet. So the casting is the same as the old carbs, but we get a
plug (and only fine tuning on the mixture - if there's any adjustment at
all).

> Kirsis '70 Damson, '76 French Blue.

rml
'74 Carmine, '73 Silver-ish / lilac
Consultant            MIT IS&T unix-linux-help |
Voice:617-253-7438    FAX: 617-258-9535        |  Cell: 339-927-4489