[6pack] Results - Cleaning Aluminum

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "'6-Pack List Serve'"
Subject: [6pack] Results - Cleaning Aluminum
From: "Bob Danielson" <75TR6@tr6.danielsonfamily.org>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 12:07:49 -0400
Thanks for all the responses about the best way to clean up the aluminum
housing on the Toyota 5 speed I've got.  My intent was to get it clean
enough for handling without the need for latex gloves and a hazmat suit. As
a few of you pointed out, if it's not a concours car why get it nice and
shiny? So I decided to try a coarse wire wheel on my drill along with a
narrow putty knife and some brake cleaner. The wire wheel removed 90% of the
crude and the brake cleaner and putty knife the remainder. The wire wheel
also made it pretty shiny too. It took about 3 hours but I can now handle it
without looking like I've been rolling around in a grease pit.

Thanks again
Bob Danielson
1975 TR6 CF38503U
Running w/ Throttle Body Injection