Re: [6pack] Total seal piston rings

To: rgperry@earthlink.net (Greg Perry)
Subject: Re: [6pack] Total seal piston rings
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 23:52:02 -0700
Greg---I've seen the Total Seal Piston Ring ads, and wondered how they
work. The idea of not letting any of the combustion gasses get past the
rings sounds like a good idea. Still, we have aluminum pistons in a cast
iron block. It would seem that some ring gap is necessary as the pistons
and rings expand. I have never tried gaps of less than .010. Too
chicken.
Let us know if you get these and how they accomplish this no-gap setup.

Dick

Sender: owner-6pack@Autox.Team.Net From:
rgperry@earthlink.net(Greg Perry) Date: Wed, Oct 24, 2007, 8:17pm
(PDT+2) To: 6pack@autox.team.net Subject: [6pack] Total seal piston
rings
Hello List,
Is there any justification for using gapless piston rings in a daily
driver TR6? I noticed that Bob Lang mentioned blow by in his street
motor at a low mileage figure and was considering a winter rebuild.
Regards, Greg Perry