RE: [6pack] Springs are in!!

To: <richard.r.olson@faa.gov>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [6pack] Springs are in!!
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 13:45:37 -0700
        Rick:

        You don't say what model koni you have, so this is only a SWAG
(Scientific, wild ass guess).

        Rotating the shock body 180 degrees from baseline gives a
certain level of damping (e.g. +) and rotating a further 180 degrees
(360 degrees total) gives you the firmest setting, or ++. As to the
exact procedure, it depends on the model. Some use a button to set the
damping, some do not.
        As to which is best, it depends on you and your springs. The
best setting is the one that is lowest without letting the suspension
top or bottom out during 99.99% of your typical driving, and provides
the level of body control that you find pleasing. Stiffer springs will
demand more damping, softer springs work better with less damping.
        Here is a very detailed description of the procedure for several
(but not all?) of their models.

                http://www.koni-na.com/adjustment.cfm

        Vance