[6pack] Gas Gauge Float problem solved

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: [6pack] Gas Gauge Float problem solved
From: michael lunsford <mblunsfordsr@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 11:03:12 -0700 (PDT)
I love this list!!!

  Thanks to Jeff Fetner and someone else (bad memory here) for the answer.  For
$6.82 (inc 7% tax) I got a new BRASS float from Ford, part number COAZ-9202-B.
This float appears to be the same diameter though it may be slightly shorter in
length than the original.  It snapped right into the round end of the wire that
connects to the sending unit and since it is brass it should be impervious to
any potential problems related to the gasoline/methanol mixes currently in
vogue.  This is my recommended fix for the leaky float problem.

  Mike Lunsford, 1970 TR 6 TBI