[6pack] [TR] TR6 Hardtop Installation

To: motorcarriage@charter.net
Subject: [6pack] [TR] TR6 Hardtop Installation
From: Dennis N Culligan <dncullig@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 14:09:24 -0400
Wayne -
  There is some info on the VTR web site about TR6
hardtops but it's not detailed installation info.
I've not had the hardtop on my car since 1989 but
as I remember it, once you removed the convertible
top, it was just a matter of bolting the back edge
(4 or 5 bolts) into the holes used by the convertible
top, bolting the front edge (2 bolts) into the top
of the windshield and, if you have the hardware for
the side pins, installing them on the B pillars and
sliding the plastic "loops" on the hardtop over the
pins (these keep the top from moving side to side).
It'll take 2 people to put it on or off - it's heavy.
Be careful you don't scratch the rear deck lid -
there should be rubber feet on the bottom edges of
the top to keep this from happening. Then be careful
when closing the doors if the window glass is all
the way up - it may not line up quite right and hit
the edge of the top...

Dennis Culligan, Highland NY / 1976 TR6 CF57948U - TR6IUMPH