[6pack] Valve Cover

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: [6pack] Valve Cover
From: Bob Rothstein <rgrothstein@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 12:22:58 -0700 (PDT)
   I've got a NOS chrome valve cover that would look great on my
car, since they're no longer available from the big three.
Problem is that there's some type of original coating on the
underside of the cover, and its flaking off in one small area,
revealing what looks like light rust on the metal.  Even after
scraping off all the obvious loose junk, I'm hesitant to put
this cover on and risk more junk flaking off onto the valve
train and into the oil.  Any ideas on how to treat the underside
of the valve cover so I can put it on and enjoy it with
confidence?
   Thanks.

   Bob Rothstein
   TR-250